[Qgis-psc] Vote eligibility for QGIS Community Voters

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Thu May 5 07:30:51 PDT 2016

hi

> On 05 May 2016, at 16:26, Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> On Thu, 05. May 2016 at 14:29:10 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
>> I had a request from Saber to include the people registered on the hub into
>> the list of people that are eligible to nominated QGIS Community Voting
>> Members - are there any objections to that?
>
> Should nomination be restricted at all then?  Everyone can sign up there.

I guess Saber’s thinking was that if someone has taken the trouble to sign up there they are somewhat invested in QGIS and have probably made or responded to bug reports. I’d be curious to head Paolo’s thoughts since IIRC he was the one who originally proposed that nominations should come from within the QGIS committer group…