[Qgis-psc] Vote eligibility for QGIS Community Voters

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon May 9 01:47:19 PDT 2016

Hi all,

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at qgis.org> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I had a request from Saber to include the people registered on the hub into the list of people that are eligible to nominated QGIS Community Voting Members - are there any objections to that?

sorry for jumping in late in this discussion, I wasn't able to do it before.

I think that this proposal would be fair for the people that are most
committed in the bug tracker. For example: I have -of course- no
commit rights to the code (but have also some ~150 pull requests that
are processing related) and I don't usually translate (I'm not mother
tongue in the country where I live and work) but I consistently spend
a lot of time if filing tickets/reports, and most of them are the
result of testing (usually on multiple platforms, with multiple
versions installed) of new features/fixes rather than the result if
stumbling into in an issue. And like me of course there are others.
Can't speak for the others, but I definitely feel I'm part of the team
:)

cheers!

-- G --