[Qgis-psc] Fwd: Re: [Qgis-developer] Any chance we could delay freeze until after the Girona hackfest?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed May 18 11:59:07 PDT 2016

On 18-05-16 17:43, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Nyall,
>
> On Wed, 18. May 2016 at 18:45:56 +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:
>> Has any decision been made here? I'm happy to go with whatever's decided,
>> but if an extension is going to be made then I'd like to know quickly so I
>> can plan my final days before leaving for Girona.
>
> No, the discussion stalled right after it started.   Do we also want to move
> the release?   The feature freeze period would be reduced to three weeks.

Plz others chime in.

For me: as this is not a LTR, I'm ok with a shorter feature freeze period.
BUT as it is also the 'last'(??) maybe it is better to slip some weeks
for release too, and have proper testing.

BUT only if it does not give more work to the release manager (aka if
Juergen is fine with it).

Regards,

Richard