[Qgis-psc] Bug fixing program

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu May 19 06:50:40 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I collected the feedback about my inquiries regarding developers
interested in participating in our paid bug fixing program. You can see
the available devs here at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cdh-6eAmVCdiZIQGMhu_Aqgg09tpxsC40BGXQJtYc54/edit#gid=244988862
--> see tab "QGIS 2.16"

Also, I asked Even Rouault if he would be available - he would, for 3
days this time. Could you please approve him on the tab "Developer
Roll", if you agree. He did not participate yet in the past - so we
should approve him.

---------------------

This totals to 26 available dev days (=26*8hours = 20'8k EUR). For
perspective: we have 40k EUR in the bank account, and 12k EUR confirmed
to arrive during the next 2-3 weeks. So 52k EUR available currently. I
personally think we can afford the 26 dev days, there will still be
plenty for other projects. There is also a quite low demand for travel
reimbursements at the dev meeting - so we won't have to use all of the
planned funds for the Girona meeting.

So can you please voice your opinion on the total dev days first? Then
once we have agreed on that we can approve the proposed devs as usual.

Even also asked about recommendations or rules regarding the bug fixing
process - which bugs to pick, how to deal with blockers, bugs that are
hard to reproduce, whether one should create tests, etc. - I propose we
discuss this in Girona. In the past we did not have any rules - maybe we
should collect some recommendations. We could also discuss Martins
comment at the same time - about putting more resources into the bug
queue management.

Thanks,