[Qgis-psc] QGIS from scratch wiki pages

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Apr 1 23:14:38 PDT 2017

On 27-03-17 22:27, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> Hi Mark,

> You can copy/move all your Markdown (.md) files to the wiki in your own
> fork.
>
> Are you ok with this?
>
> Let me know when you are have the pages, then within, say a week, I will
> remove/close the wiki pages.

Hi List,

FYI as a result of this msg the content to compile QGIS master plus all
it's dependencies on Ubuntu 14.10 has kindly been moved to Mark's own
QGIS wiki clone:

https://github.com/mj10777/QGIS/wiki

So you can find Mark's thorough work there. The reason of his work:

"At present I am working on a older version of Ubuntu (14.10) and want
to build QGIS 2.99 master. Older Ubuntu package managers have problems
in installing newer versions (here QT 5.7.1, Qwt etc.). Also the package
managers cannot install in separate application directories, which in my
case is needed since I will be porting QGIS 2.18 code to QGIS3 and they
must run without dependency conflicts.
Thus the need to 'build from scratch'."

Regards,

Richard

ps, and I removed the wiki pages from the QGIS repo