[Qgis-psc] spam in Redmine :-(

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Dec 1 01:37:50 PST 2017

> ​OR have users submit bugs easily AND have no spam. In case it wasnt
> clear above, my proposal above advocates ditching mantras in favour of
> a 'normal' sign up process​ but the process has to happen through a
> QGIS browser agent. I reckon that is a pretty low friction approach.
>
> WRT Nathan;s comment about GitHub, while I am +1 about using  github
> as an option to sign in, my experience is that signing up for github
> is just as obscure for 'normal' users as a mantra, so if we are going
> to make users sign up for one more thing, hub.qgis.org
> <http://hub.qgis.org> should be that thing.... In summary my
> preference is:
>
> * Make it convenient for *everyone* to file tickets
> * Kill the mantra - it is the most un-user friendly experience we
> could give people
> * Make the initial sign up happen through a browser embedded in QGIS
> to prevent spammers. Within that sign up:
>     * Support github authentication if we can to make it easy for geeks
>     * Support sign up through local user database in redmine still

Thanks Tim,
I have the same preferences,

Having a painless option to signup through QGIS itself and thus make it
less spam-prone sounds great.

We probably still need a "classic" signup way through webpages for the
"I can't signup because my QGIS crashes on start scenario" and that
would be solved by the github, other oAuth or osgeo login.

Regards
Matthias