[Qgis-psc] Websites moved + https

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Dec 3 04:13:51 PST 2017

Hi,

We moved
qgis.org/www.qgis.org/version.qgis.org
and
doc.qgis.org

from the old osgeo server to qgis2, the Hetzner server where
plugins.qgis.org iss also running.
FYI issues.qgis.org is running on qgis3

We also tested/used Letsencrypt certificate because the Globalsign cert
was almost expired.
See:
https://qgis.org
https://plugins.qgis.org
(all let's encrypt now)

I thought to disable http traffic for both, so
http://qgis.org is redirected to https:/qgis.org
(the standard Letsencrypt way, with some rewrite rules)

I also did that for plugins.qgis.org, but then people started to have
issues with installing plugins, so I reverted that for now, and will
report an issue around that.

Documentation is not yet https, not sure about that.

To me qgis.org/api is now much much faster \o/

IF you have troubles or see problems, please report back to admin at qgis.org

TODO:
- bring letsencrypt to issues.qgis.org
- fix plugins.qgis.org https problem