[Qgis-psc] Websites moved + https

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 14:43:55 PST 2017

On Dec 3, 2017 21:35, "Borys Jurgiel" <lists at borysjurgiel.pl> wrote:

Hi Richard,

You are right, the installer can't handle it. Whenever the server returns
the
301 page, the installer assumes it's a corrupted zip file. I'll try to fix
it
soon, maybe within next few days, but I can't promise.

Anyway, the installer connects to the repository via https for a long time,
so
the only reason for the redirection is the plugin download urls are
hardcoded
as simple http:// Alessandro, shouldn't they follow the same protocol?
Fixing
it will solve the problem as well.

I'd prefer to not double the cached files but I'll see what I can do.

Btw. please note QGIS caches the repositories, so after changing the
download
urls, we still need to clear the cache in the Options dialog -> Network ->
Cache settings (I'm not sure what's the cached data lifetime?).

Best regards,

Borys