[Qgis-psc] QGIS.ORG activity concept

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Dec 11 23:35:02 PST 2017

Hi all,

In our activity concept document I added a paragraph at the bottom
clarifying our relationship with commercial support companies. I thought
it would be benefitial and useful for the tax authorities to understand
our situation.

Could you please have a look at this new section at the bottom of our
document and comment specifically on this new section?

Thanks,
Andreas

On 2017-12-11 23:21, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Thanks for doing this Andreas - I added some small comments to the doc (which are probably irrelevant since you will translate to German anyway).
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> On 11 Dec 2017, at 12:26, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Richard and Paolo,
>
> Thanks for your feedback. In the first paragraph there is a statement "under the terms of this license, everyone is free to download and use, distribute and modify the QGIS software, no matter of where he lives or what the software is used for". After your feedback I added the word "download" as well.
>
> I also added more "free" in the activities and a sentence that the majority of the work in the QGIS project is done by volunteers.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2017-12-11 09:51, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Nice clear document, thanks.
>
> I was wondering if we should use the words 'free' or 'open' a little
> more. Especially in the list of activities which in other areas could be
> pretty expensive profitable activities, like maybe:
> - organize free world-wide developer meetings
> - support free qualitee assureance
> - free and open communication channels
>
> As I think THAT distinguishes us as a not-for-profit from a
> very-for-profit org like Esri which also does all those things :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard
>
> On 11-12-17 09:44, Andreas Neumann wrote: Hi,
>
> On request of the tax office I need to supply a activity report (not
> sure if this is a reasonable translation of "Tätigkeitskonzept") - do
> you have a better idea as a document title in English Anita or Jürgen?
>
> Anyway - here is the
> proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H2rKBKM-Ij2H-6NR5L0BFzCpSSCYZCT5ZlgZfkK7uNk/edit#heading=h.o7dlzzrwxj16
>
> I know, there is redundancy with our statutes ... but what should I do
> if they ask for a separate document.
>
> Please provide your input/comments until Wednesday. Then I will
> translate into german and submit it back to the tax office.
>
> Thank you and greetings,
>
> Andreas

TIM SUTTON

CO-FOUNDER: Kartoza