[Qgis-psc] Supporting QGIS Server development

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Tue Jun 13 01:23:53 PDT 2017

Hi,

We briefly started discussing the support of the QGIS server refactoring.

I would now propose that we pay 3Liz (René-Luc D'Hont) the quoted 3k € for
the QGIS server enhancement (QgsWXSProjectParser). Refactoring work and
under-the-hood changes that don't add new features is exactly that kind of
work that should be funded from QGIS.ORG in my opinion.

Can the PSC decide on this, or do we need to ask our voting members? Do we
start a Loomio voting? I would like a quick decision - time is ticking for
QGIS 3 and there is summer break ...

For your information, here is the financial situation of QGIS.ORG:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18gwm83ENnIqNk0Hul-
OlqggTHU4QeTqA-DvPmX8kK88/edit#gid=0 with our actual expenses and income.

I expect an addition 15k of income during June (sponsorings, PayPal,
contributions to Essen HF from FOSSGIS e.V. and QGIS-DE). On the expenses
side I expect invoices for 2.18 bug fixing at around 15k. The Essen HF is
almost fully covered by payments from FOSSGIS e.V. and QGIS-DE. So we are
financially in a good shape to fund additional work around QGIS server.

In addition, we should ask QGIS server devs (3Liz, Oslandia, Camptocamp,
Sourcepole) what other server work is pending to get it in a good state.

Thank you for your thoughts and discussion.

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)