[Qgis-psc] QGIS 3 release expectations

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 23:32:03 PST 2017

On 23 November 2017 at 16:59, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As to my knowledge there should be a list around of features / API changes
> that still need to go into QGIS 3.
>
> In addition, Tim suggested to have a Loomio voting among core devs for
> deciding when QGIS 3 should be ready to go into full freeze. He suggested to
> repeat this voting every two weeks until QGIS 3 is ready.

Here's the updates to the work granted soft freeze exemptions, which
occurred over the last 2 weeks (*just to my knowledge, not
authoritative!)

- Processing SAGA provider: merged!
- Processing GRASS provider: merged!
- Datum transform refactoring: PR for the core changes is open, but
needs in depth review by at least 2 core developers. GUI component is
being worked on by Denis, but is blocked by the core PR.
- Layouts: still WIP - all existing item types have now been ported
(but not merged to master yet), so I've just got a few remaining
functions to port (exporting, saving, templates)
- Metadata store: PR has been reviewed, waiting on required changes to be made
- Forms & fields gui rework: merged!

So we're a lot closer than two 3 weeks ago :)

Nyall