[Qgis-psc] QGIS Soft Feature Freeze Voting (was Re: QGIS 3 release expectations)

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 15:13:05 PST 2017

On 27 November 2017 at 09:04, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:

> I've been on vacation for the past week, but should be able to work on these in the coming week. Any chance of having these be exempt from the soft freeze as well?

I'd say there's a very good chance - the "soft freeze" approach was
agreed upon to allow flexibility to include incoming features, if
prior approval is given (vs free-for-all-commit-what-you-want).

Also, I don't think API breaks like these are (should be?) included in
the freeze at all. It's only features. My 2c is that api is frozen at
day of release, no sooner... (trusting everyone not to do some major
refactoring at the last minute!!)

Nyall