[Qgis-psc] Fwd: Re: Fwd: QGIS: cambio intestazione e nuovo logo

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Wed Sep 13 04:06:52 PDT 2017

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>
wrote:

> Should we register both the name "QGIS" (as in a name string not as in a
> logo) and the single logo with the "Q" - the grayscale version of our
> colored "Q" as proposed - or the colored version? We can't register
> different variations.
>
> ​Seems like the lawyer thinks that registering a greyscale QGIS ​logo (not
the Q alone) would be sufficient. I'd go with that.

What do you mean with "
​
as in a name string not as in a logo"? The lawyer wrote: "
​
In this case, I would use a grayscale version of the color complete logo."
I think "complete logo" refers to the logo that spells out QGIS.

> What does "using" the trademark mean in order to not loose it? What
> exactly does it mean?

​I suggest asking the lawyer if presenting the trademark on our website, as
we have done in the past, is enough.​

​Regards,
Anita​