[Qgis-psc] On finances

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Mon Dec 3 09:25:02 PST 2018

> ...  The only way out I can see is to a) get stricter about accepting
> code that lacks tests and b) invest an equal amount in unit test
> development that we can catch bugs before they enter the code base….

I think doing this would easily pay for itself. Generally speaking, the
later a bug is found after it has been created, the more expensive it is
to fix. Needless to say, there's a stackoverflow question on it,
including some references and discussion-
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4130051/software-development-costs-pyramid

So any money spent on fixing bugs after the fact would likely have a
better outcome if it was spent on trying to resolve issues earlier in
development. Proper test covering and a set of strict code-acceptance
requirements would help with this.