[Qgis-psc] On finances

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Fri Dec 7 00:00:58 PST 2018

Hi all, sorry for chipping in so late, I was away.

On 04.12.18 21:00, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> We concluded many times that the crucial point is to have better user
> testing, and this is mostly a matter of communicating it effectively, to
> convince people to use the pre-release, during the hard freeze, that I
> agree it should be extended, and report bugs. I believe an easier
> availability and clear wording could help here.
>
> All the best.

In that sense I think that we are underestimating a lot the power of
[marketing] words, I still think this screams like Release candidate. I
has been discussed and it is just a name, but it is a name that instills
much more confidence and "welcomyness" than nightly build and the likes,
our geek users are probably using those, but that is not the only kind
of testers we should target. We should also target the semi-geeks and
the gis powerusers out there.

At various conferences I've been told by users that they don't use yet
QField because the name includes experimental... of course it is a
stronger word, but it is just a word.

Cheers

Marco

--