[Qgis-psc] On finances

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Dec 7 04:06:58 PST 2018

Hi Marco, others,

On 12/7/18 9:00 AM, Marco Bernasocchi wrote:
> In that sense I think that we are underestimating a lot the power of
> [marketing] words, I still think this screams like Release candidate. I
> has been discussed and it is just a name, but it is a name that instills
> much more confidence and "welcomyness" than nightly build and the likes,
> our geek users are probably using those, but that is not the only kind
> of testers we should target. We should also target the semi-geeks and
> the gis powerusers out there.

glad you agree: proper wording is crucial to communicate. Release
candidate seems OK to me. Google has been using "beta" for long, and
apparently it has been widely accepted, so this is also an alternative.

Also, giving evidence with proper style on the website to the version we
want people to use is also important.

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu