[Qgis-psc] Grant application suggestions for next time

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Mon Jun 18 02:56:21 PDT 2018

​Hi Nyall​,

Thank you for your feedback on the grant proposal process!

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 at 03:38, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 1. Create a new github repo for submission of the grant proposals -

​​The main difference to the current approach would be that submissions are
immediately visible instead of them being secret until after the submission
period has ended.
While I don't think that people would be stealing other's ideas, that might
cause some issues. ​
On the other hand, a general feedback round after the submissions and
before the voting could be useful.

> 2. Require that code-related proposals be accompanied by a QEP filed
>> at least xx days in advance of the grant application.

​Yes, it's a good sign that many proposals this year already included a QEP
and I think that voting members also considered the existence of a QEP when
ranking the submissions.
What amount of days would you consider sufficient for discussing the QEP?
If we introduce a general feedback period for all submissions, could we
relax the requirement and just use that time window instead of having
another deadline for QEPs to manage?

Regards,
Anita

​