[Qgis-psc] pyqgis docs

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat May 19 12:29:40 PDT 2018

Hi,

Here's a draft of the blog post for the PyQGIS docs announcement. I decided
to point the reader to Denis' reports for further technical detail.
Let me know what you think. I'm planning to publish it tomorrow:

We are proud to announce our new dedicated Python API documentation
available at https://qgis.org/pyqgis

While the QGIS API has long been documented, Python developers in the past
had to work with the general C++ documentation that wasn't always
straightforward to use. The new PyQGIS documentation presents the API in an
accessible pythonic manner.

Of course, creating a good API documentation from source code in an
automated way, is not trivial. Two detailed reports containing all the
technical details of the first
<https://cloud.opengis.ch/index.php/s/n6HBCzPWrWqa5di> and second
<https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2018-April/006090.html>
generation of the documentation are available if you want to learn more
about the underlying architecture (including Sphinx, Doxygen, and Sipify).

This has been a really important infrastructure project for QGIS that has
been made possible by support from or donors and sponsors
<https://qgis.org/en/site/about/sponsorship.html#>, as well as the generous
in-kind contributions of our community members.

Regards,
Anita