[Qgis-psc] 2018 grant applications are now closed

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:45:06 PDT 2018

On 23 May 2018 at 14:39, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 23/05/2018 06:00, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
>> Hi Anita,
>>
>> I would first do the voting on the grant proposals and then the blog
>> post about funded/unfunded proposals.
>
> Agreed. Doing it before would result in much confusion, I believe.
> All the best.

Sorry - to clarify, what I think we could do before the results come
out is social media posts along the lines of:

"Interested in seeing SLD support improved in #QGIS? Support for
raster SLD styling has been proposed as one of the potential
beneficiaries of the latest round of #QGIS funding grants! Read about
the proposal at ...."

The intention was that interested parties would see this, and hope
that the improvement wins the grants. And then if they don't, they'll
have already been emotionally invested in the chance of the
improvements coming, and hopefully will have the motivation to provide
funds themselves... (that's the theory at least!)

If nothing else, it raises the profile of the grant scheme and the
work which goes on in the QGIS project.

Nyall