[Qgis-psc] 2018 grant applications are now closed

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at oslandia.com
Wed May 23 05:14:18 PDT 2018

Hi all,

well, the idea to have a place to advertise the call for fundings is very nice.

However I think we should separate this topic from the current grant app' process right now.
Let me explain why, advertising right now on the current grant application list is very biased. For instance, we have
many other ideas for funding that didn't land in the grant proposal for various reasons. First one is that Grant
application should not be oriented towards new features that can be directly funded (even if it's not easy). Second is
that the budget of 25K does not allow to apply for big projects. And we have also external timing and ressource
availability constraints issues.

So if we plan to relay some call for fundings via our communication channels, we should plan it in advance so that
anyone who wants to participate have the time to set up things right. If we go this way, any idea how we could settle
things up?

Regards
Régis