[Qgis-psc] Notes about certification

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 08:36:38 PDT 2018

Hi all,
I'm afraid we didn't reach to a consensus yet.
I really feel uncomfortable with focusing only on releasing training
materials as a the only way to get a clearance for being certified.

Just a quick example, at Oslandia, we don't have any common material yet.
Each trainer creates it - when we create some - very precisely for each
customer. It is sometimes only a markdown file, and we built them on the
fly with the customers.
The idea is not to discuss if it's a good idea or not, some customers ask
for materials, some are happy with that tailor made solution.
But if we would like to be certified in the normal process, I'm afraid we
would juste push some bad quality material somewhere.
Would that be a progress for QGIS project with such noisy situation of
materials around ?
That is why I suggested we can focus on any other contribution made by the
applicant. One very valid contribution would be improving the existing
materials, and we should encourage that one first for new contributers.

I think this explains the lack of feeback here.

Best regards,
Régis