[Qgis-psc] again about the bug tracker

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 11:38:14 PDT 2018

Hi Vincent,

This was raised to PSC since all the folks involved follow this list while
the opposite is not true (PSC following qgis-dev). My intention was not to
hide anything, I'm sorry for this.

I have already read the page on the wiki a few times, and there is pretty
much no change since Madeira.
Some put a lot of energy to convince to investigate towards Gitlab and this
relied on the production of an estimate of the cost of the migration.

This was the grant, which was rejected, but
* why? because we want to stick to Redmine? because they prefer Github /
not wasting energy? because voters prefer flashy features?
* it could  have been ask to the PSC to sponsor this one (like many other
projects: documentation, Python API, etc).

My point is that the road decided in Madeira (investigating the costs of
moving to gitlab) is a fail at the moment. Of course, we can ask to be
patient but this issue has been raised for at least 5 years. You say it
needs time, I'm saying it needs energy. I'd love to some more pro-activity
on the topic than just discussing here.

My point that the current way is a fail might be wrong. At least, it's a
personal point of view, I agree.
In such case, we'll have to wait for another 6? months to get an estimate.
To say it'll take roughly a year to move the CI (I don't think we can live
with the code on Gitlab while the CI is on Travis/Github).

But in any case, things should move a bit faster.

Greetings,

Denis

Denis Rouzaud
denis at opengis.ch  <denis at opengis.ch>