[Qgis-psc] Bug tracking (no, not *that* one... a different question)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Oct 12 00:12:52 PDT 2018

Hi Nyall,

Il 10/12/2018 08:21 AM, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
> They aren't scientific at all - just a "gut feeling" based on daily
> study of the bug tracker ;)
my feeling is that the number of unresolved tickets is rather stable
across the years which, giving the huge increase of number of users,
speaks very well of the project.
> I think it's also important to keep in mind that a closed ticket
> doesn't lose any valuable information -- it's not deleted, just
> closed. It's always easy enough to re-open (by us, or the original
> reporter) if the bug proves to still exist.

quite right, but in practical terms I do not think anybody will dig into
the closed tickets.
In short, I'm calling for extra caution before closing tickets, but for
the rest I agree with your strategy.
All the best, and thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu