[Qgis-psc] Release post

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 15:37:59 PDT 2018

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018 at 07:52, Marco Bernasocchi <marco at qgis.org> wrote:

> Well I think the main think is I guess that win and ubuntu/debian are
> very predictable while mac isnt as well.
>
> I'd be great to change this.

What I'm saying is that we've always taken this viewpoint in the past,
with the message "Mac users aren't pulling their weight -- contribute
(financially or otherwise) to improve the situation".

I believe that message has finally been taken seriously, and we've
seen in 3.4 that there's at least 2 independent projects where
financial support of the mac OS platform is leading to a better
experience there.

As a result, can't we just delay the release post for (let's say a
maximum of 1 week) to give it time for packaging for this platform? At
worst, we delay the post by a week. At best, we'll have builds
available for at time of posting for more major platforms, and less
"where are the packages for XXX operating system" complaints from
users.

If it doesn't work then the only downside is a week later release
post, and we can go back to the old approach for 3.6...

Nyall