[Qgis-psc] WGIC

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Mon Sep 10 01:55:06 PDT 2018

On 10.09.2018 10:50, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Looks like they are charging membership fees … why don’t you write to
> them and propose they include QGIS.ORG <http://QGIS.ORG> as an
> affiliate member (for free). I think this is definitely the kind of
> strategic direction QGIS.org <http://QGIS.org> should be taking to
> take our rightful place as an industry leader….

I was also reading up the membership structure, and was thinking the
same as Tim, I guess the companies should decide for themselves if they
want to be members but we definetly should try to get QGIS.org there.
> Plus then we can have pictures of Paolo and Jack shaking hands and who
> knows maybe one day ESRI and QGIS will co-exist in a world where the
> projects are friends, sharing code, standards, and cool marketing
> gimmicks. We can dream right? :-)
I see were you are going Tim, the panel comment that ArcGIS cannot open
QGIS projects really hit you ;)
cheers
Marco