[Qgis-psc] [QGIS-Developer] QGIS 2.18 EOL approaching?

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Mon Jan 21 00:43:35 PST 2019

Hi all,

I agree with Régis.

The reality is (unfortunately) that companies are now just moving to 2.18.
This is, how far a large part of our user base is disconnected with our
fast pace of development. Companies and gov organizations are often not
interested in living at the edge and testing new versions as soon as they
appear.

It is sad, but it is the reality. 2.18 will still be used for many years to
come. We will have to face that - even if we don't like it.

Andreas

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 at 09:34, Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at oslandia.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would be +1, many corp's will start evaluating QGIS 3.4.5 and still
> deploy 2.18 for a while using osgeo4W. They probably never kept a copy
> of the packages locally. We should at least just keep an old mirror ?
>
> Le 21/01/2019 à 09:28, Giovanni Manghi a écrit :
> > it qgis-old?)?
>
> --
> Open Source GIS Expert / Water management
>
> mail: regis.haubourg at oslandia.com
> tél: 0033 184 257 870

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)