[Qgis-psc] [QGIS-Developer] QGIS 2.18 EOL approaching?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 01:51:44 PST 2019

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 at 18:43, Andreas Neumann <andreas at qgis.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I agree with Régis.
>
> The reality is (unfortunately) that companies are now just moving to 2.18. This is, how far a large part of our user base is disconnected with our fast pace of development. Companies and gov organizations are often not interested in living at the edge and testing new versions as soon as they appear.
>
> It is sad, but it is the reality. 2.18 will still be used for many years to come. We will have to face that - even if we don't like it.

I totally understand that -- I just don't want there to be any
misunderstandings or miscommunication, and want organisations and
users to be aware that from that QGIS project's perspective, 2.18 is
now effectively dead.

(I get that my phrasing may be harsh... but I think it's already
starting to serve it's goal of warning users. I've had responses on
Twitter etc about missing plugins and bug fixes, and I want THOSE
people to be aware that the responsibility now ultimately lies WITH
THEM to see those plugins ported/blocking bugs fixed).

Nyall