[Qgis-psc] 2019 grant voting is closed

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 25 23:32:11 PDT 2019

Hi Paolo,

No offense here, Paolo. But I don't share your interpretation. I don't
think that people deliberately preferred cheaper items over more
expensive ones here. This outcome is by pure chance and not funded on
the fact that people picked cheaper items over more expensive ones.

Also - wise spending has nothing to do with how expensive a proposal is.

My interpretation of the results are:

- the two server improvement proposals did not attract enough votes,
because still a lot of users (voters in this case) don't use QGIS server

- the two registry proposals maybe sounded too abstract to some voters
and they perhaps didn't immediately see benefit to them (if they are not
core devs). Such "house keeping" (code cleanup) proposals generally have
a harder time attracting voters compared to the ones where they think
they have an immediate benefit as an end users.

But since all of the proposals are valuable contributions, I agree, it
is a wise choice ;-)

Andreas