[Qgis-psc] 2019 grant voting is closed

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jun 25 23:49:47 PDT 2019

Hi andreas,

On 26/06/19 08:32, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> No offense here, Paolo. But I don't share your interpretation.

of course no offense, why should I? Diversity Is a Good thing. I just
found it interesting seeing a perfect inverse correlation *among
accepted projects*, and put an hypothesis. There may be better one.

> I don't
> think that people deliberately preferred cheaper items over more
> expensive ones here. This outcome is by pure chance and not funded on
> the fact that people picked cheaper items over more expensive ones.

As a former statistician, I always look for patterns, and leave chance
as a last resort interpretation ;)

> Also - wise spending has nothing to do with how expensive a proposal is.

OK, let's use a better word: conservative spending.

> But since all of the proposals are valuable contributions, I agree, it
> is a wise choice ;-)

Of course, we all know all projects were very valuable, and worth
investing in. Hopefully we can complete the whole set soon.
Cheers.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: