[Qgis-psc] QGIS Plugin website application maintenance

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Mar 12 03:14:07 PDT 2019

Hi Ale

Ale I am also hugely appreciative of the work you have done. I think Kartoza can offer to take over maintenance. I will one one of my staff members to make it their pet open source project. We can also manage the server that it is deployed on and the deployments, backups etc. since I have been mostly involved with that these 8 years anyway.

> On 12 Mar 2019, at 12:09, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> On 12/03/19 10:00, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
>
>> So, long story short: I'm currently working on the port of the plugins
>> application to Django 2 and Python 3  (note: only the plugins, I'm not
>> going to work on the other apps). This port will take quite some time
>> (probably days).
>>
>> Once this is completed, please find another maintainer because I do not
>> want to spend my limited volunteer time on that task.
>
> Thanks a lot for what you have done so far, and for the porting, much
> needed. I agree with Richard here that in the process I'd be in favour
> of reducing as much as possible the complexity of the application, in
> order to make it easier to maintain and for someone to step in. Any
> volunteer for this? This is a critical piece of our infrastructure, so
> we cannot afford to have it unmaintained.
> Thanks again.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> QGIS.ORG Chair: