[Qgis-psc] AGM duration

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Mar 17 11:31:29 PDT 2019

Hi Andreas, all,

On 17/03/19 17:57, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Thanks for sending out the reminder about the AGM. I agree, it would be
> good, if we could get more votes.
>
> I wonder if the actual duration of the AGM is too short (less than one
> week). I think we might consider to make it a bit longer in the next
> year (maybe two weeks). People may be traveling or on holidays - who
> knows ...

the duration has been announced well before, I frankly don't think
setting aside a couple of hours within a week is too much demanding for
a member of an international association deciding on something used by
something like one million users. I understand this is a slow process,
and we are at the beginning, but my preferred way would be to give more
motivation and responsibility to what should be the backbone of the
association, rather than diluting it. But I may be wrong, of course.

> Also not, that the voting e-mail list also contains PSC members. I think
> this is good, so they are informed what is going on in the voting e-mail
> list, but it also means that attendance is better than it looks like,
> because at least 7-8 people in the voting list aren't really voters (all
> of PSC and honorary PSC members).

Yes, I'm aware of this. When I wrote, we got about 15 votes over about
47 voting members. Also the lack of discussion in the mailing list is
somewhat surprising to me. But again, it's a process, I think people
will get more involved and confident about casting their opinion over time.

> Anyway - thanks for handling this AGM!

Thanks, indeed not the funniest part of running the association, but a
big honor!

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu