[Qgis-psc] Grant voting 2021 closed

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Tue May 4 09:52:02 PDT 2021

Hi Anita,

I just checked the numbers in the Google Docs document (vote counts and
ranking). The formulas/results look good to me.

As to the other topic: as discussed in the PSC meeting today, we need to be
conservative, because there are still 2 unpaid grants from 2020 that also
total to 15k €, and where we hope that they can be finished and paid. So,
we should opt to accept only the ones that fit into the grant budget.

So please go ahead and inform the people who submitted the proposals about
which ones where accepted and which not.

Thanks and greetings,

Andreas

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 at 01:07, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> On 24.04.2021 23:48, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
>

> On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 9:36 PM Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Tim and Etienne!
>>
>> After summing up the 8 top ranked proposals, the total is €22,500. The
>> next proposal would exceed the planned programme budget of €25,000.
>>
>> Our options are to 1. fund the top8, 2. top up the budget to fund the
>> top9, 3. pick a cheaper proposal (like the macOS notarization) that still
>> fits into the budget.
>>
>> What do you think? I've put this topic on the PSC meeting agenda but
>> maybe we can resolve it earlier, here on the list.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Anita
>>

> Hi Anita,
>
> Thank you for taking care of this, I would say that if the budget can
> cover the difference it would be the best option.
>
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> Is this a +1 for one of the three options listed above or a different
> proposal?
>
> Regards,
>
> Anita
>

>> On 24.04.2021 04:24, Etienne Trimaille wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Anita for the report.
>>
>> I agree with Tim.
>> Just looking at the history of https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/34018
>> and all tickets linked to this one, it would be nice to improve the
>> situation there.
>> I guess a lot of people don't know this trick on MacOS and don't report
>> it on GitHub as well.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Le sam. 24 avr. 2021 à 07:03, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> a écrit :
>>
>>> Thanks for putting this together Anita!
>>>
>>> I haven't reviewed any formulas, probably a better job for Marco and
>>> Andreas, but looking at the results, I would like to say that in my mind QEP#218
>>> Notarizing QGIS for macOS is not really something that should need a grant
>>> to be funded. Not having notarisation is like having a web site in 2021
>>> without SSL - we just should not be doing that. Can I propose that we look
>>> into funding this regardless of grant funding availability?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Tim

>>> --
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Tim Sutton
>>> Visit http://kartoza.com to find out about open source:
>>>  * Desktop GIS programming services
>>>  * Geospatial web development
>>> * GIS Training
>>> * Consulting Services
>>> Tim is a member of the QGIS Project Steering Committee

> Alessandro Pasotti
> QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net
> ItOpen:   www.itopen.it

Andreas Neumann