[Qgis-psc] Call for nominations for new QGIS community voting member

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sat Apr 8 08:02:18 PDT 2023

Hi

On Sat, Apr 8, 2023 at 2:17 PM Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 08, 2023 at 12:31:50AM +0100, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
> > Could you clarify what the issue with the wording is from your
> perspective?
>
> In the "git" techology anyone can commit into their own clone of a
> git repository, so "committer" doesn't really express the privilege
> of "merging" commits into the _official_ repository.
>
> Getting the list of "committers" from the official QGIS git repository
> can be done with this command:
>
>     git shortlog -cns
>
> That list has 400 elements.
> Does that number match the number of what you describe as
> "community members with commit rights" ?
> Is there a way to print that list programmatically, btw ?

Right, but the wording is clear - you need to have rights to commit into an
official QGIS Git repository, not your own local copy. I don't think anyone
is likely to misconstrue this meaning. This list of who has commit rights
would be obtained by looking in the GitHub settings for each repository
that is hosted under https://github.com/qgis

> --strk;
>
>   Libre GIS consultant/developer
>   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html