[Qgis-psc] Call for nominations for new QGIS community voting member

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sat Apr 8 12:17:39 PDT 2023

On Sat, Apr 08, 2023 at 04:02:18PM +0100, Tim Sutton via QGIS-PSC wrote:

> Right, but the wording is clear - you need to have rights to commit into an
> official QGIS Git repository

Nobody really "commits" into any official QGIS git repository.
What people with write access to it do is "push" commits into it.

> This list of who has commit rights
> would be obtained by looking in the GitHub settings for each repository
> that is hosted under https://github.com/qgis

Would it be the "QGIS Developers" team ?

  https://github.com/orgs/qgis/teams/qgis-developers

That team (which is non-public) currently lists 39 people
(compared to the 400+ "committers" of the QGIS git repository).

The privilege people in that team have is reported by GitHub
as being "write" (not "commit"):

  https://github.com/orgs/qgis/teams/qgis-developers/repositories

Of course at this point in time we can all understand "committer" as
we are all coming from SVN times, but git-native people may be really
puzzled about that wording.

--strk;