[Qgis-psc] Call for nominations for new QGIS community voting member

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 01:49:08 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I find Sandro's request for an accurate statement for identifying people
that can make nominations quite valid and had expressed the same concern to
Marco just after he sent the call. Not about git repositories. About
Transifex.

Speaking of Transifex, I find the wording "with *write access in transifex*
are eligible" even more confusing. The "low" level of contributor in
Transifex is "translator" and that person necessarily has write access to
QGIS strings and the changes he/she does is directly pulled to QGIS
repository (considering we do not have specific review process at project
level). They are around 2400 subscribed translators (see screenshot). Does
the previous statement refer to them? No opinion myself, just asking for
clarification (for later calls and know to what extent I can forward the
call to "my" committers).

Back to git repository "issue", next to the guys with write access to the
official repos, we also have teams of bug triagers (adding labels, doing
first tests and providing/asking feedback). Depending (or not) on what
transifex write access means, maybe should we consider them as eligible to
make nominations also... (unless it is already the case?)

PS: I don't think this wording "issue" is something new. We have always
used that so I'm not expecting it to be solved for this round.

Kind regards,
Harrissou