[Qgis-psc] QGIS - QT6 Build Status Report

Régis Haubourg regis at qgis.org
Wed Dec 13 02:46:33 PST 2023

Hi Ale,

thanks lot for this work.

If I understand correctly, the path to circumvent html vectorisation
through intermediate pdf might work but brings a one-man library in the
loop and a fragile dependency to the pdf format.

Even if the previous experience let us pessimistic about the possibility
of a Qt's upstream work, I would explore this possibility in any case.

Because Qt needs to know downstream projects need it.

Because fixing upstream is always more efficient.

Because it is not expensive to ask KDAB and ask Qt's project.

Because smart workarounds are fragile and in the end a Velociraptor
appears from the bushes and eats you alive.

Is there any other major blocker ?

Regards

Régis