[Qgis-psc] QGIS - QT6 Build Status Report

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 19:12:32 PST 2023

On Wed, 13 Dec 2023 at 21:13, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2023, 8:46 pm Régis Haubourg via QGIS-PSC, <
> qgis-psc at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ale,
>>
>> thanks lot for this work.
>>
>> If I understand correctly, the path to circumvent html vectorisation
>> through intermediate pdf might work but brings a one-man library in the
>> loop and a fragile dependency to the pdf format.

I think it's also worth pointing out that this roundabout approach via a
temporary PDF export is exactly what Qt itself does for print support from
webengine:

https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qwebengineview.html#print

"Renders the current content of the page into a temporary PDF document,
then prints it using printer."

(this method also comes with a warning: "Note: This function rasterizes the
result when rendering onto printer. Please consider raising the default
resolution of printer to at least 300 DPI or using printToPdf() to produce
PDF file output more effectively.". This is why we can't use it along with
a custom qprinter to get vector based rendering, and why we need the
separate library for this).

Nyall