[Qgis-psc] Finalizing the budget

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Mon Dec 18 23:20:47 PST 2023

Hi Régis,
indeed a very good point. I totally agree with you on the idea, I just
think the formulation could be improved a bit and made a bit "harder"
maybe:

*Thank you for submitting this proposal. QGIS.org is a non-profit
organization that relies on donations and membership fees to fund part of
the code reviews and bug fixing efforts. Much of this work is done
voluntarily by project maintainers.*

*If your company reaps financial benefits or substantial savings on license
fees through the use of QGIS, we strongly recommend considering supporting
of the QGIS project
<https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sustaining_members/sustaining_members.html>.
Additionally, directly hiring a QGIS core developer greatly accelerates the
review process.*

*Community members, we warmly welcome your proposed code changes. We commit
to reviewing your proposals diligently, although at times we may face an
overwhelming volume of submissions.*

what do you think?

Cheers Marco

Marco Bernasocchi