[Qgis-psc] Finalizing the budget

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Tue Dec 19 00:45:54 PST 2023

Hi all,

Yes - let's put up the budget for vote. 30k is already more than doubled
compared to the previous year.

Agreeing on a mechanism how that amount is distributed is a different
issue. Either core devs are happy with the previous distribution mechanism
based on Nyall's automated script - or you organize among yourselves an
alternative mechanism.

For me, personally, a retrospective mechanism based on the work of the
previous activity on Github, seems a bit more fair than distributing the
amount in advance and then we are not sure if the devs really worked
according to the distribution mechanism. But I am not fixed on any
distribution mechanism. I'll leave this up to the people involved (and/or
PSC decision).

Thank you, Marco, for putting up the budget for vote. Perhaps you can
reference my explanatory email here along with the invitation to vote:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2023-December/010196.html

Andreas

>>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19JlXyiY8KH8gvrERVDGjcA_HWE49GwL42F__HdJnT7I/edit?usp=sharing