[Qgis-psc] PSC decision to release LTR less often after 4 months - quarantine rule clash

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Feb 15 02:46:33 PST 2023

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, 09. Feb 2023 at 08:41:05 +0100, Andreas Neumann via QGIS-PSC wrote:
> I tried to find this decision in the meeting minutes but couldn't find it.

It's part of the LTR-Testing
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/239

I also didn't find a decision in the minutes, but we have a budget position for
that in 2022 and 2023.

> The reason I bring this decision up again is that there is also a
> "quarantine" rule for backports in place - it defines that if a backport is
> made, it needs to go into the latest release first for at least one month,
> until it can be backported to the LT version.

Not sure when or where that was decided either.  Looking for "quarantine" in
the QEPs I only found
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/52

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                 IRC: jef on Libera|OFTC