[Qgis-psc] QGIS Exportability

Elias.Elias at L3Harris.com Elias.Elias at L3Harris.com
Wed May 10 16:41:24 PDT 2023

Hello,

I am part of a proposal organization working on a variety of large, complex, multi-user (100+) shared service imagery and mapping efforts. One proposal currently being worked, has a large GIS component with numerous requirements. I have conducted my research and evaluation of said requirements against QGIS, ArcGIS, and ERDAS Apollo for compliance. Suffice it to say, QGIS complies with them all. Furthermore, I was very impressed and pleased with QGIS capabilities and OGC WFS/WCS/WMS compatibility (which are a large part of the requirements). I am looking at recommending usage of QGIS as the GIS application within the larger network architecture infrastructure/system and overall proposal.

>From what I have read and researched, QGIS is very well supported and maintained. However, I could not find information on the QGIS website regarding exportability. Not exportability as it relates to maps or data or graphics formats, but more related to if there are any export restrictions in place to other countries for usage.

If we are awarded the effort, are there any restrictions on our usage of QGIS as we implement and integrate it into the larger system that will be outside of the US?
While I understand QGIS to be open source, is there any plan to implement licensing for the future progression and versions of the product?

Any information you can provide or resources you can direct me to is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Elias A. Elias
Lead Systems Engineer/Proposal Management
communications systems / L3HARRIS TECHNOLOGIES
Mobile: +1-315-289-7154
L3Harris.com<mailto:L3Harris.com>  / elias.elias at L3Harris.com<mailto:elias.elias at L3Harris.com>
97 Humboldt St. / Rochester, NY 14610 / USA
[cid:image001.png at 01D98377.65DD7760]<http://www.l3harris.com/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is proprietary, confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected or restricted under applicable government laws. Any review, disclosure, distributing or other use without expressed permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies without reading, printing, or saving.