[Qgis-psc] QGIS Exportability

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Wed May 10 23:39:24 PDT 2023

Dear Elias,

Thank you for your inquiry and letting us know that QGIS fulfills your
requirements.

QGIS is released under the terms of the GNU GPL license version 2 (or
later): https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html - You can
certainly use QGIS without restrictions in any setup (government,
commercial, private, NGO, military, etc.). There are certain restrictions
when it comes to integrating QGIS as a software or library into other
proprietary software that does not comply with the GPL v2 or higher license.

There are no intentions to change the license. It would be a very difficult
task, as we would need approval from every single contributor towards the
QGIS source code (and there are many).

Please let us know if you have additional specific questions around license
and usage.

Greetings,
Andreas Neumann
QGIS PSC and board member, treasurer