[Qgis-psc] QGIS grant report: Improve test result handling on QGIS CI

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 23:09:07 PST 2023

On Mon, 27 Nov 2023, 4:56 pm Alessandro Pasotti, <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nyall,
>
> good news, thank you for this improvement!
>
> Just a quick question, in the linked PR:
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/55417#issuecomment-1826995755
> comment the instructions say:
>
> "The full test report (included comparison of rendered vs expected
> images) can be found under the 'Checks' tab - 'QGIS tests',
> 'Artifacts' section as test-results-5."
>
> But I couldn't find any test-results-5 in the artifacts section, there are
> only:
>
> Artifacts
> build-22.04-qt5.tgz
> build-38-qt6.tgz

That's caused by a limitation in GitHub API. We can't retrieve the workflow
run id in an action, so that link will always just point to the most recent
workflow run for the PR.

And in this case I reverted the change causing a test failure, so the most
recent workflow doesn't have the failure report.

Hope that makes sense!

Nyall