[Qgis-psc] Releasing LT version monthly in the first 6 months after the release

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 04:10:59 PDT 2023

Hello Jürgen, Mathias et al.,

Seems I forgot to answer this thread many moons ago. Sorry for the
inconvenience.

The manual testing idea is to be focused on the LTR releases only, where
there is no .0 RC, but it will still be affected by backports and updates
to the dependencies (correct me if I am wrong).

It's not supposed to make things harder for anyone , so, if the PSC agrees,
I would be happy to test the qgis-ltr-dev-full (LTR nightlies) just BEFORE
they become ltr-full on OSGeo4w.  The msi can be tested later.

For that, what I would ask is a kind of LTR nightly freeze once it's ready
for final packaging (no more backporting fixes or dependency bumps if
possible), for a period of at least a week (maybe this happens already?).

It was never intended to be of secret access, nor only for specific people.
The more people test it, the better!! But IMHO, it shouldn't be done by
accident by final users in production that received a warning to update
their LTR or that just happen to have QGIS Roadmap in their desk and are
trying to get the new LTR version as fast as possible. People using
qgis-ltr-dev-full will know what they are using and the risks.

I think what Andreas wanted was to run test cycle on LTR patch releases on
versions .4 (the LTR release premier), .5, .6, .7, .8 (new stable release),
.12 (another stable release). Am I correct?

Thanks and again sorry for the huge delay.

Best regards,
Alex Neto

A quinta, 30/03/2023, 11:04, Jürgen E. Fischer via QGIS-PSC <