[Qgis-psc] [Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] Announce - migrate our mailing lists to Discourse

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 03:44:42 PDT 2024

Hi,

I haven't tested discourse enough, but seems that many other did. Fedora project also uses a combination of Discourse categories (ask, project) and matrix (chat) as the official supported channels.

This won't reduce the amount of community spreading in facebook, telegram, and many other platforms, but could appear like a centralized solution for many different people. People that prefer interacting with emails/mailing list would still be able to do it, while others, that normally search for help in fóruns would benefit by a way to communicate without subscribing to a mailing list.

One of the good things of forum-like platforms like discourse is that they are searchable. So, even a newcomer can search for old answers to a situation similar to his.

Alex Neto

Sent with Shortwave <https://www.shortwave.com?utm_medium=email&utm_content=signature&utm_source=c2VuaG9yLm5ldG9AZ21haWwuY29t>