[Qgis-tr] fa_IR or fa translation

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 09:45:23 PDT 2013

Hi!

Well .. I don't know every language by heart but I know that pt_PT and
pt_BR have to be seperated because they are in fact a lot different ..

I don't know if the same applies to "simple" fa and fa_IR..
If there are different types of Farsi we should try to cover them ..
but to be honest I think it would only be worth the effort if they
differ a lot ..

In other words .. What are the farsi speaking members of this list say?
Is there anyone outside who can answer that question?

If nobody can tell I'd prefer to a "fa" covering all farsi languages
in all countries where they speak farsi ..

And to be more correct - I am austrian - speaking german (there is no
de_AT for QGIS) and if I want to be picky I can even tell you that my
dialect I am speaking could be counted as it's own language as well ..
But I can understand, read and speak "de" so having that language is
enough for "german speaking" countries..
(The last sentence is just to make sure that we are not diverging the
languages where it is not necessary)

thanks a lot
kind regards
Werner