[Qgis-tr] Translation workflow in web and documentation

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Jun 23 00:49:05 PDT 2014

On 23-06-14 00:40, Kari Salovaara wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Kari,

> a) QGIS Website - how frequently translations are used to generate web
> pages -> English texts change to translated texts.
> Schedule of the generation should be public that people who are working
> see their results in some reasonable time!

During the 'build' of the website, all strings from transifex are pulled
into the build (for every build and language).
As for NOW this is 20 th of june (and I just started a new build....)

Reason it is not done every day yet, is that we have some troubles
handling git-changes after a build.
So we do it by hand once every couple of days.

We invested pretty much time in making it easier to build the
docs/website with paver. So you can almost instantly create your own
build (see github readme for howto).

Building the docs/website is pretty resource intensive and we were (not
anymore) running the builds on a machine with limited resources.

We are trying to automate the build and I think it will be build once a
day then.

> b) QGIS Documentation - when translating documents I suddenly noticed
> that latest version of QGIS is 2.0.1. Does this mean that the
> translation work done at the moment is in vain? It's not nice to notice
> that documents You are translation are some older version if You expect
> them all to be for 2.2.

Not sure where you got the 2.0.1 from. But we translate the latest
stable build, which is 2.2 currently.

http://docs.qgis.org/2.2/

(we still also have 2.0 and 1.8 available)

The lastest (testing/master) docs are on http://docs.qgis.org/testing,
but those are not uploaded to transifex untill we branch the 2.4 version
(of documentation).

IF you think that you find errors, OR are translting something that is
NOT part of the 2.2 docs, let me know immidiatly so I should fix that.
Be as precise as possible, so we can investigate.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde