[Qgis-tr] 57 Pending translator requests for QGIS Desktop on transifex

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Mar 24 02:12:09 PDT 2019

On 23/03/2019 16.36, Stefano Campus wrote:
> I think translators are needed not coordinators.
> For Italian, we have 62 translators and three coordinators but
> translations is at 89%.
> Having too much coordinators/reviewers can introduce different ways of
> translation causing confusion.
> We adopt this workflow: translators translate and coordinators review
> EVERY string before accepting,in order to avoid obviously errors but
> more important same string translated in different way.

Hi Stefano,

You are right (for italian), you probably have a fine working workflow.
But other languages only have 1 (sometimes inactive) coordinator, and
people are willing to translate but are not accepted. That is why I
think 2 or 3 coordinators are a good thing to have. Also we have
coordinators sometimes which want to translate 'too strict', and they do
not accept other translators. And other issues...

So what about rewriting (why do we have 2 places anyway?):
https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/translate.html
and
https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/
to make the current Italian workflow the 'preferred' one?

Regards,

Richard