[Qgis-tr] Translations applied to new QGIS version

Delaz J delazj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:51:09 PDT 2022

Hi Stefano,

Le 14/03/2022 à 12:30, Stefano Campus a écrit :
> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>

> Hi, I wanted to ask you a question.
> In the new version of QGIS on Transifex [1] many strings are
> automatically translated by taking an obsolete translation that even
> no current string has, but remains in the memory of Tx.
> Do you know the logic by which Tx applies the translation to new strings?

I'm not sure I understand the issue here. The applied translation is not
correct? Are there other occurrences of the English strings in the
project? with translations associated? If you have examples to describe
what you experiment, it would help a lot.

 From my experience, Transifex guys are quite responsive so you can
reach out to them if you want to know the internals of their product.

> frankly it is really boring to have to start all over again every time.
> I, as reviewer, block the strings that are ok, but if every time a new
> version arrives the "revised" attribute cannot be transferred from the
> old to the new string it becomes an eternal and endless work.

@Stefano, are you sure that Italian strings displayed in QGIS GUI are
only the ones you tagged as "reviewed" in Transifex?

@Jürgen, is this "reviewed" thing even used in the QGIS project
processes? I can't find any evidence in pull script [0] or qgis_it.ts
file [1] that this is ever considered, but I might have missed it. Not
all languages are interested in this review process afaict.

> thank you very much
>
> s.
>
> ps: have you seen the new free platform adopted by OSGeo for PostGIS
> [2] [3]

Yes. Some of us did, and I tried to raise a discussion on the topic,
asking PostGIS people their feedback [2], but I couldn't get any QGIS
people jump into the discussion.

What is your idea in asking this ? ;)

Regards,

Harrissou