[QGIS-trac] [Quantum GIS] #3763: The "other" open/save file dialog has timeouts or causes QGIS to stop responding completely

Quantum GIS qgis at qgis.org
Wed Apr 20 21:48:31 EDT 2011

#3763: The "other" open/save file dialog has timeouts or causes QGIS to stop
responding completely
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
   Reporter:  arencambre                        |              Owner:  nobody
       Type:  bug                               |             Status:  new
   Platform:  Windows                           |           Must_fix:  No
Status_info:  0                                 |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Quantum GIS uses two open/save file dialogs: the normal Windows one and
 some custom one.

 This custom one has major problems whenever I go to a directory that has
 shortcuts that are unresolvable. E.g., I have a shortcut to a folder on
 another computer. If this computer is off, or if I am on a different
 network, one of two things happen:
  1. This file dialog takes forever and a half (approximately) before it
 shows the files in the directory. Eventually, it shows the contents of the
 current directory.
  1. This dialog never, ever shows the contents of the current directory. I
 can cancel out of the dialog, but QGIS stops responding entirely. I found
 no way to get QGIS to respond again.

 Can this "other" file dialog be discarded? Is there any reason why the
 standard Windows dialog is inadequate?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3763>
Quantum GIS <http://qgis.org>